presenting matters of public interest to City patrons or constituents. The City has adopted a
of the City social media sites, which policy is available for inspection from the City. The
policies for posting comments and other information on this site.
other activities. However, this site is not intended to be a public forum and the comments and
discussions that take place on this site will be moderated by the City for compliance
following inappropriate forms of content will not be permitted on City social media sites and are
subject to removal and/or restriction:
2. Profane, obscene, violent, sexual, or pornographic content and/or language;
3. Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of
race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin;
4. Defamatory statements or personal attacks;
5. Threats to any person or organization;
6. Solicitation of commerce, including advertising of any business or product for sale;
7. Conduct in violation of any federal, state, or local law;
8. Encouragement of illegal activity;
9. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public
10. Spam or links to other sites;
11. The promotion of services, products, or activities not related to City business;
12. Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns;
13. Information about a user that is private or personal; or
14. Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright or trademark.
City Social Media Policy, at any time and without prior notice. Further, the City reserves the
comments posted to any Government Facebook, Twitter, or other site are bound by that entity’s terms
to the entity hosting the activity with the intent of that entity taking appropriate and
reasonable responsive action.
poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement
by, the City, nor do the comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City.
be a public record subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.